2 – 4 May
A host of famous faces, interactive demos, new features and ground-breaking products await visitors to the UK’s largest event for the built environment, UK Construction Week (UKCW), which makes a welcome return to London’s ExCeL from 2-4 May 2023. Registration is now live!
TV architect and education campaigner George Clarke, BBC News business editor Simon Jack, and BBC presenter Victoria Derbyshire are set to chair the Main Stage at UK Construction Week and will join the 25,000+ visitors who will head to UKCW London, which debuted in the capital in 2022. UKCW London is co-located with Concrete Expo and The Offsite Show as well as the UK’s premier event for the self-build sector, Grand Designs Live.
With over 10,000 products on display from over 300 exciting exhibitors including Rointe Kingspan, Google, Sevadis, HP, Celsa UK, Houzz Pro, Hanson Plywood and many more, the multi award-winning show attracts a wealth of overseas exhibitors from as far afield as Australia, China, India, Norway, Turkey and the UAE.
UKCW London will also feature sessions and seminars led by industry experts across the show’s six stages, as well as a total of 300 speakers, with over 150 hours of CPD seminars available.
Highlights of UKCW London 2023 include:
• The ZERO feature, which will include a full-scale build by Natural Building Systems, demonstrating how combining low embodied-carbon materials with modern construction methods can transform the industry. The ZERO Playbook workshops will enable contributors to share and learn how as an industry we can get to net zero as fast as possible.
• The Culture Change Hub will focus on improving inclusivity within the built environment, wellbeing and mental health, and professional development. Daily programmes will be delivered by The National Federation of Builders, Building People and The Women in Construction Awards.
• A programme of high-profile thought leadership speakers, including Mark Thurston, CEO of HS2, and Sadie Morgan, co-founding director of dRMM Architects and youngest and only third ever-female president of the Architectural Association, as well as design chair for HS2, and founder of the Quality of Life Foundation.
• An expanded networking zone, allowing visitors more space and time to catch up with colleagues and contacts, with over 20 different networking events planned by partner organisations.
• A new tunnel entrance and easier to navigate floor plan which will allow delegates to pinpoint their areas of interest and plan their time efficiently.
Nathan Garnett, UKCW event director, commented: “UK Construction Week London got off to the best start we could ever have imagined in 2022, and this year’s second edition will be bigger and better. The amount of innovation we see at each event is proof this is an industry changing fast, and this May, UKCW at London ExCeL will be the best interactive showcase for a sector that should be optimistic about the future as we continue to embrace culture change.”
Scan the QR Code to register for free.
Article supplied by UK Construction Week London