At Homes 2018, you will learn from 150+ expert speakers covering two key sector challenges: how to accelerate affordable housing delivery and how to maintain high-quality and safe homes.
With six theatres to choose from, the range of content is unrivalled so you can tailor your learning programme to suit your needs. The full agenda will be announced soon but below is a sneaky peak of what you can expect! Sessions will include:
Post-budget housing delivery priorities
Housing leaders will analyse the Autumn budget and its implications for affordable housing delivery. You will also learn from their proven approaches to accelerating housing supply in their areas.
- Pat Ritchie, Chief executive, Newcastle City Council
- Mark Washer, Chief executive, Sovereign
- Ben Denton, Managing director, L&G Affordable Homes
The future of building safety post-Grenfell
Following the Hackitt Review, an expert panel will discuss what can be considered safe and what changes are needed in the current regulatory framework. They will also examine the responsibilities of different stakeholders for safety and building trust with residents.
Panelists will include:
- Geeta Nanda, chief executive, Metropolitan
- Arnold Tarling, Director, @Arnold Tarling FRICS
- Sam Webb, Architect and founder member of RIBA’s Expert Advisory Group on Grenfell
- Claire-Curtis Thomas, chief executive, BBA
Responding to the Social Housing Green Paper
This session will challenge whether the Social Housing Green Paper goes far enough and consider how to move forward together. You will learn about the evolving role of the regulator and how to respond to proposals on tenant empowerment and complaint handling.
- Fiona MacGregor, Executive director of regulation, Regulator of Social Housing
- Peter John, Leader, Southwark Council
- Jenny Osbourne, Chief executive, Tpas
Places at the event are free to attend to those working within the public sector and your pass will give you access to everything the event has to offer including:
- 80+ hours of free* content across six theatres which will include the sessions listed above. Topics range from asset management, development, efficiency to fire safety, home ownership, planning, regeneration, technology, people, finance and build-to-rent.
- 100+ expert speakers from government, local authorities, housing associations and the commercial sector to ensure every base is covered in addressing the sector’s key challenges at Homes. For details of the confirmed speakers please click here
- 120+ exhibitors offering the very best solutions to the sector. Across the exhibition floor you will find freebies and giveaways, product demos, event discounts and insight into product launches. Click here for the latest list of exhibitors
For more information about the event please visit https://homesevent.co.uk/
*a registration fee will apply to commercial organisations