For durable, high quality roofing, Norbord’s SterlingOSB Roofdek offers reliable and effective performance.
Made from tongue-and-grooved OSB board and sanded to give a smooth surface, Roofdek is designed specifically for flat roof decking and pitched roof applications.
Its tongue-and-grooved edging ensures structural rigidity and removes the need for noggins or dwangs to provide support along the edges. It also prolongs the life of the roofing felt by removing wear and tear caused by movement between adjacent boards.
Roofdek is made from Norbord’s market-leading SterlingOSB3, a strong moisture-resistant board made by bonding thousands of softwood fibres together with a special resin under high heat and pressure.
By orientating the strands carefully in numerous layers, the resulting board is stiff and strong in all directions. And unlike softwood ply there is no risk of knots, splits or voids being included in the finished panel.
SterlingOSB Roofdek is made in Scotland entirely from wood grown in sustainably-managed British forests. It is FSC-certified and BBA approved for structural roofing applications.
Norbord is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of engineered wood-based panels. The company now produces eight varieties of SterlingOSB at its factory in Inverness. These are, in addition to Roofdek:
- SterlingOSB2 for structural use in load bearing, dry conditions;
- Sterling OSB3 for structural use in load bearing, humid conditions.
- SterlingOSB T&G for structural applications such as floor decking;
- BuildBoard – a premium panel; sealed and finished with a smooth coating on both sides;
- SterlingOSB Sitecoat for site hoarding;
- SterlingOSB Fire-resistant board.
For further information on Norbord, please call 01786 812 921 or visit www.norbord.co.uk.