Protect Viking Air, an innovative and ground breaking roofing product, is here! And with it, your opportunity to specify an independently certified product with a higher airflow rate than any competitor, without the need for additional roofspace ventilation when a well-sealed ceiling is installed. What’s more, with wind uplift resistance up to Zone 4* at 345mm batten gauge to BS 5534, Viking Air outperforms the rest, ensuring wide coverage across the UK and throughout Ireland.
We believe Viking Air is a breakthrough in air and vapour permeable technology in its own right. And as part of the wider Glidevale Protect family of class leading roofing products, it adds even more to a total solution of underlay options that gives you all the choice you need.
Domestic or commercial. Warm roof or cold. New build or refurbishment. Whatever your pitched roofing project, Glidevale Protect gives you complete control.
*Achieves Zones 1-4 without need for additional counter batten or integral tape. Achieves unrestricted use for wind uplift – Zones 1-5 at 310mm batten gauge or when installed on sarking board.
Viking Air key features
- Superior airflow permeability >78m3/m2/hr @50 pascals to BS EN 12114
- Can be used in cold roof construction without additional roofspace ventilation as permitted by NHBC
- Highly vapour permeable in excess of BS 5250 requirements
- Reduces condensation risk in the roofspace to BS 5250 and NHBC requirements
- Watertight with >1m head of water resistance
- Hydrophobically treated underlay to ensure water penetration resistance
- BM TRADA independently certified
- Can be wrapped over the ridge for ventilation rather than cut short, ensuring water tightness of the roof at construction stage