NHBC has launched a new series of five Technical Guidance updates for the NHBC Standards to help keep the industry informed of the latest developments.
NHBC’s dedicated Standards and Technical teams have issued the new guidance providing updates and advice on a range of topics, including:
- Water-proofing admixtures for concrete in below ground structures
- Lateral restraint at rafter and ceiling levels at wall steps and staggers
- Perimeter support to plasterboard ceilings clarification
- Reclaimed roof tiles and slates
- Proprietary retaining wall systems
Commenting on the new guidance, NHBC’s Head of Standards, Innovation and Research Richard Smith said: “These new updates will provide informative advice to help the sector apply and interpret specific and crucial parts of the NHBC Standards.
“We hope that the industry will find them a useful addition to our current range of products, training and technical information – particularly at this challenging time.”
The 2020 NHBC Standards came into effect for every new home registered with NHBC where foundations began on or after 1 January 2020.