The concrete blocks come in different sizes and densities the variation is wide and the concrete blocks price range varies as well. Some builders merchants offer different sizes of concrete blocks like MGN Builders Merchants for instance they have an extensive range of concrete blocks just browse the selection online, whereas others might have limited sizes available and the presented option might not fit your project plan.
What do you do in such a situation? Practically, you need to cut the concrete blocks to the desired size. For many, that is a daunting task to do, while it is one hell of a simple task to perform for others. Nevertheless, if you want to cut concrete blocks, this write-up will enlighten you on the simple methods to cut a block and the tools you need.
Remarkably, to cut blocks or bricks accurately and cleanly, you need to practice regularly. Once you perfect the skill, you can easily chop the Blocks with ease. Cutting concrete blocks is a serious skill for people who like DIY projects. Whether you are a professional or not, here is how to cut concrete blocks.
Items Needed to Cut Concrete blocks
Before you decide on hollow concrete blocks price to determine your budget, you need to know the essential tools necessary to cut concrete. Furthermore, the method you use in cutting these cutting will depend on the particular tool you would use.
Generally, you can use the following tools for cutting concrete blocks:
- Hammer and concrete chisel
- Block separator
- Chainsaw or electric saw
How to Cut Concrete Blocks
There are several methods to cut blocks; to make it easier, we will provide the best way that offers optimal results. We will break the process by using the tools in each step that you need to use. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Hammer and Concrete Chisel
For most people, hammer and concrete chisel is the best option to cut concrete. However, the downside is that they require lots of strength to cut. If you want to get the job done quickly, this might not be the best option to use. If you think you have the time to allocate to cutting concrete blocks, here is how to get the job completed.
- Firstly, you need to put on safety kits such as mask, goggles, and gloves
- Mark the block you want to cut by using a marker to draw a straight line
- Use the hammer and chisel to make a small blow along the line you mark
- Hit the small recess created within the block firmly using the hammer and chisel. If you made the small blow properly, your concrete block should break into two
Another option to use when you want to cut concrete blocks is an electric saw. This method comes in handy when you don’t want to use the manual method – hammer and chisel. With an electric saw, you spend less effort and time cutting the block. Before you look at concrete block price, ensure to buy an electric saw if you want to cut the block yourself.
- With your electric saw, you need to adjust how deep the cut should be before cutting. Initially, you should cut the concrete block deep enough to create a light line.
- Then, continue adjusting the depth in each cut. With this, you will get a clean and smooth cut.
For amateurs, the block separator is the least option to consider. However, it is the best option for professionals. To achieve a fast and accurate result, you need to buy a concrete block separator. After that, you should follow this process.
- Place the block beneath the blade neatly
- Ensure to fix the block steady such that it doesn’t move when cutting
- Cut the cut by applying the necessary pressure needed towards the blade
It is easy to cut concrete blocks if you follow these methods. Interestingly, you don’t have to call the professionals, especially if you have a tight budget.