Results for Q4 2013:
- The Knight Frank Global House Price Index rose by 8.4% in 2013 and by 1.2% in the final quarter
- Dubai recorded the largest annual rise in mainstream property prices, but prices remain 25% below their 2008 peak
- Ukraine, Croatia and Greece were the weakest-performing housing markets in 2013
- In 2013, house prices rose in 39 countries compared with 27 in 2012
- European countries still dominate the bottom of the rankings but in most cases their rate of decline slowed in 2013
Global house prices are mirroring the upturn in the global economy. Our Global House Price Index, rose by 8.4% in 2013 compared with 4.6% in 2012. Kate Everett-Allen examines the latest results.