The regeneration of Great Homer Street will create:
- A new district centre, comprising
- Liverpool’s largest food store, Sainsbury’s
- 80,000 sq ft of new shops
- New market facilities, indoor and outdoor
- New homes
- Huge improvements to the local environment
- A health centre
- 900 free car parking spaces and a petrol filling station
- Improved links to Everton Park where further exciting proposals are being drawn up
Work is already underway on a state-of-the-art school for Notre Dame Catholic College which opened in September 2013. The school is being built next to Lifestyles Everton Park and will be fully integrated with the local community.
St. Modwen, working in partnership with Liverpool City Council, aims to start on the first phase in 2014. This includes the Sainsbury’s foodstore, new shops, public spaces and a new public transport interchange. Subsequent phases of the scheme, in the Marwood and Dryden Street areas, will follow the successful delivery of the first phase.